Students will 'check in' on the first day of required International Student Orientation (refer to Important Dates).
Our 'Check-In' event is held in the University Center Ballroom, 4th floor.
**Bring to the 'Check-In' event: I-20 / DS-2019 and passport**
Students may come at any time between 10:00am - 1:00pm to the 'Check-In' event to take care of the necessary items-- please allow for 1 - 2 hours to complete the 'Check-In' checklist. Boxed lunches will be provided at the 'Check-In' event.
At the 'Check-In' event, students will receive a checklist to:
- Get their ID card
- Go to the Campus Clinic for the required TB Test (and meningitis vaccination, if needed)
- Print and scan their immigration documents
- Register with SEVIS
- Access Portal and update local address, telephone number, and emergency contact
- Present any pending documents which were not previously submitted. This may include
a final transcript, degree certificate, or diploma. You must do so promptly upon arrival to avoid any delays in course enrollment.
- Learn about banking options, health insurance, and undergraduate placement testing
for Math and English courses (if applicable)
- Take a walking tour of campus
There will be International Orientation Ambassadors along with other student volunteers
and OIES staff to help students complete their 'Check-In' checklist on the first day
of orientation, and they will continue to help out throughout the week of orientation.