Live, Breathe, Inspire, Educate
Building upon our heritage the purpose of the College of Education is to transform
Southeast Missouri and beyond through education.
The mission of the College of Education is to prepare Teachers, Leaders, and Counselors
as highly effective professionals who possess a passion for lifelong learning.
We do this through establishing -
- High expectations
- Collaborative partnerships and
- Standards for ethical and culturally responsive practice.
We demonstrate this by our teaching, scholarship and service to the region and beyond.
To fulfill our Purpose and Mission the College of Education strives to
- Be the College of First Choice for students, faculty, staff and employers in south eastern Missouri and surrounding
- Maintain national, state and program accreditation
- Use a data driven, continuous improvement model across all programs
- Lead the change in educational policy and implementation
- Embrace a scholar practitioner model of research
- Provide practical experience through immersive and diverse field experiences at all
- Develop professionals who have mastered content and pedagogy
- Provide opportunities for candidates to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions
to be caring, compassionate leaders
- Develop self-reflective practitioners
- Develop technological leaders through hands on experiences to impact the population
- Develop leaders in evidence based instructional models to enhance student performance
- Develop professionals who are able to differentiate instruction for all learners
- Promote universal design for learning in our instructional practices
- Develop mutually beneficial student and professional relationships
- Participate in communities of practice
- Integrate social justice into our practices
- Provide service to our collaborative partners and communities
- Communicate with stakeholders through multiple methods