**The next Part-Time Job Fair will be offered Fall 2014. In the mean time, do not
forget to create your REDConnect profile to search for on-campus and off-campus part-time positions in the Cape Girardeau
Part-Time Job Fair
Need a part-time job while attending classes at Southeast?
The Part-Time Job Fair, sponsored each Fall by the Office of Career Services, offers students the unique
opportunity to meet and network with local on and off-campus employers looking to
fill part-time positions. This is a GREAT opportunity to meet many employers at once,
fill out part-time job applications, distribute your resume and network with local
Date:TBA (Fall 2014)
How to prepare:
You only need a few minutes to prepare for this event! Here is what you need to do:
- Review registered employers: See what employers are attending this year's Part-Time Job Fair. This list is regularly
updated as we receive new registration materials.
Make a list of the top 5 employers you plan to speak with at the fair, research them online and have well-thought-out
questions to ask about their respective companies and the positions they may be looking
- Ask yourself these questions:
What you need the day of the fair
- Would I like to work on or off campus?
- Do I qualify for federal work study?
- Am I able to work around my class schedule and other commitments?
- How many hours can I handle working per week?
- Where can I get work experience that relates to my major?
- How far am I willing to travel?
- Professional attire is encouraged but not required (look the part!)
- Bring many copies of your resume, which includes all part-time or full-time work experience
(including working for family, babysitting, etc), volunteer work and prior extracurricular/leadership
- Available times and days that you can work, including a start date and your course
- Documentation of Federal Work Study (attain your financial aid status from the Portal
or contact Financial Services)
- A notepad and pen to jot down notes of your conversations with employers to use during
Don't forget to log in and create your profile on REDConnect, your ONLINE access to part-time job postings even after the fair is over!