- Southeast is fully accredited by North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Southeast’s Donald L. Harrison College of Business is internationally accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of
Business (AACSB International). AACSB accreditation places a program among the top five percent in the world. The
Harrison College of Business also holds accreditation by the Network of International
Business Schools (NIBS).
- Southeast has three programs accredited by ABET. Graduates from an ABET-accredited program have a solid educational foundation and
are capable of leading the way in innovation, emerging technologies, and in anticipating
the welfare and safety needs of the public.
- The Mass Communication program is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (ACEJMC).
- The American Chemical Society (ACS), the world’s largest professional scientific society,
certifies Southeast’s Chemistry program.
- Southeast’s Dietetics Didactic program and Dietetics Internship program are both accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND), the accrediting agency of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- The Communication Disorders program is accredited through the Council on Academic Accreditation (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Within the College of Science, Technology and Agriculture, the >Technology Management program is accredited by the Association of Technology
Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE). Additionally, Southeast has been designated as a Missouri Center for Excellence
in Advanced Manufacturing Technology.
- Southeast’s Athletic Training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). Professional Programs lead to eligibility to sit for the Board of Certification examination and to enter
the profession of athletic training.
- The Educational Leadership and Counseling Department’s Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Programs (CACREP).
- The Nursing program within the College of Health and Human Services is nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- The Public Relations option of the Mass Communication program is certified by the Certificate in Education for Public Relations by the Public Relations Society of America.
- The Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation’s Sport Management program is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). COSMA also accredits the MBA Sport Management option, and the Sport Management
focus of the MA in Higher Education Administration.
- Southeast’s Social Work program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- The University School for Young Children is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
- The programs in the Department of Music are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Southeast’s BFA and BA programs in Theatre in the Department of Theatre and Dance are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST).
- The College of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- The Family Studies option of the Human Environmental Studies program is recognized as a Certified Family Life Educator program by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR).
- Southeast’s Interior Design option of the Human Environmental Studies program is accredited by the National Kitchen
and Bath Association (NKBA).
- Southeast’s Recreation Program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Parks, Recreation, Tourism, and
Related Professions (COAPRT) of the National Recreation and Park Association.