Office: Dempster Hall 210
Southeast Missouri State University
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
- Ph.D. Accounting, University of Mississippi, 2008
- Master of Professional Accounting, Mississippi State University, 1984
- Bachelor of Professional Accounting, Mississippi State University, 1983
- Associate Professor, Southeast Missouri State University, 2014 - Present
- Assistant Professor, Southeast Missouri State University, 2008 – 2014
- Instructor, Southeast Missouri State University, 2006 – 2008
- Graduate Assistant Instructor, University of Mississippi, 2002-2006
- Instructor, University of Mississippi, 1999-2000 & 2001-2002
- Radio Station Owner, WCMR 94.5FM, 1994-2006
- Accountant, University of Mississippi, 1996-1999
- Various Accounting/Management positions, Neutrogena Corporation, 1986-1994
- Accountant, Shell Offshore Inc. (subsidiary of Shell Oil Company), 1984-1996
Awards, Honors & Certifications
- 2013-2014 Harrison College of Business Students' Choice Awards for Excellence in Teaching
- IMA Certificate of Appreciation for 2013 Strategic Finance publication
- 2012-2013 Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL) Fellowship, Southeast Missouri
- Outstanding Accounting Graduate Instructor 2006
- Graduate Achievement Award 2005
- Fellow at AAA Doctoral Consortium 2004
- Beta Gamma Sigma 2009-present
- Phi Kappa Phi 2003-present
- Beta Alpha Psi 1982-present
- Certified Public Accountant 1986-present
Financial Accounting and Reporting, Student Learning
- Humphrey, R.L., and Beard, D.F. (Forthcoming Fall 2014). "Faculty perceptions of online
homework software in accounting education", Journal of Accounting Education.
- Beard, D.F. and Humphrey, R.L. (Forthcoming Fall 2014). "Alignment of the University
Information Technology Resource with the Malcolm Baldrige Results Criteria for Performance
in Education: A Balanced Scorecard Approach", Journal of Education for Business.
- Beard, D.F. and Humphrey, R.L. (2014). "Chapter 25 - Internships and accounting education",
In R.M.S. Wilson (Ed.) The Routledge Companion to Accounting Education, Abingdon, Oxon: Routledge, 558-583.
- Humphrey, R.L., LeGrand, C.S., and Beard, D.F. (2013). "How to Host a Successful Webinar",
Strategic Finance, 98(7): 31-37.
- Humphrey, R.L., Moore-Johnson, M.V., and Pullum, B. (2013). "An Investigation of Wages
as Gender Shifts in the Accounting Profession", International Journal of Business, Accounting & Finance, 7(1): 9-20.