The BFA in dance is a professional training program that prepares students for careers
in dance and other performing arts and has an emphasis on experiential and academic
training. Dance majors have the opportunity to perform in four large-scale concerts
each year, participate in musical theatre productions, and attend regional and national
The rigorous training and varied experiences of the BFA in dance provides an excellent
foundation for graduate study or careers in advanced performance, academics, and teaching.
Dance students will…
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of ballet, jazz, modern and
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a professional capable of performing in a variety
of dance styles.
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest dancers
- Establish relationships with professional dancers, choreographers, and dance companies
through internships, intensives, dance festivals, and a Senior Showcase in New York
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance Students will:
- Demonstrate mature work ethics and healthy lifestyle habits consistent with professionals
in the field of dance;
- Achieve a high level of competency and skill in technique and performance of ballet,
modern and jazz dance techniques;
- Demonstrate familiarity with in the many facets of dance production and other professionally
oriented work in dance;
- Demonstrate proficiency in choreographic principles, concepts and development of a
- Exhibit fundamental knowledge of the body and of kinesiology as applicable to work
- Show basic knowledge and skills in dance pedagogy;
- Identify dance in historical, cultural and stylistic contexts;
- Demonstrate the ability to critically analyze and evaluate dance; and
- Display the ability to creatively solve problems.
Live Chat Support Software