The BFA in acting is a pre-professional training program that prepares students for
an acting career in theatre, television, and film and has an emphasis on experiential
and academic training. Acting majors have the opportunity to perform in four mainstage
productions each year, two Second Stage productions, and attend regional and national
The rigorous training and varied experiences of the BFA in acting provides an excellent
foundation for graduate study or careers in performance, academics, and teaching.
Acting students will…
- Train with experienced faculty and staff in the areas of movement, voice, stage combat,
Shakespeare, television, and film.
- Prepare for rewarding careers as a professional capable of performing in a variety
- Study and train in the beautiful River Campus, a multimillion dollar facility devoted
to the visual and performing arts.
- Benefit from an established program of collaboration with professional guest actors,
acting teachers, directors, casting agents, and designers.
- Establish relationships with professional actors, directors, casting agents, and theatre
companies through summer internships, outside auditions, master classes, theatre festivals
and a Senior Showcase in New York City.