The community-style living in Towers East is reserved for freshmen, ensuring a high
level of involvement with other members of the community. Specialized training for
the Resident Assistants ensures a supportive environment for the unique needs of traditional
students who are attending college for the first time. The Resident Assistants and
Hall Director are familiar with the typical (and not so typical!) needs and concerns
of first year college students - and the staff is there to help.
Each floor can house up to 35 students, including the Resident Assistant. Each floor
has a separate shower area, with private shower stalls. A separate room has private
toilet facilities. Each student room has a sink, which students find very convenient.
There is a lounge with comfortable furniture, a microwave, and a television on each
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: North campus adjacent to Towers Complex
- Hall Type: Community Style (floor residents share bath/shower rooms)
- Community style restrooms are cleaned professionally
- Residential Capacity: 388; 11 floors
- Floor Capacity: 17 resident rooms, 1 RA single per floor
- Room Types: Double Occupancy; corner rooms 01 and 02
- Approximate Room Measurements: 11’ W x 16’ L x 9’6” H.
- Window sizes: 61” H x 43” W.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (8-drawer built-in): 28 ½” W x 24” D x 49” H. Each drawer is approximately
4” D. Both residents in the room share the dresser.
- Built-in Closets (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the closet rod
(i.e. where you hang your clothes): 31 ½” W x 35” D x 64” H. There is additional storage
above the closet rod for storage.
- Mattress size: 80” L (extra-long twin).
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink – 26” W x 23” D x 21” H.
Within Towers East
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: 1st floor
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: 1st floor
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On each floor
- Program Lounge: 1st floor
- Vending Machines: 1st floor soda
Within the Complex
- Computer Lab and IT Technician: 1st floor
- Customer Service Desk: 1st floor
- Towers Dining Center: 2nd floor
- Rowdy’s: 1st floor
- Mailboxes: 1st floor
- ATM: 1st floor
- Vending Machines: 1st floor Snacks and Soda
Room and Board Rates