Cheney Hall is a unique residence hall with 110 residents (reserved for returning
students). The entire hall operates as a single community, which differs from the
way floor communities often develop in the Towers area. Cheney Hall has a rich tradition
of student involvement in hall activities, international programs, and artistic pursuits.
Because of the high demand for Cheney rooms, this residence hall is reserved for returning
Conveniently located at the middle of campus, Cheney offers easy access to Academic,
Brandt, Carnahan, Parker, Scully, and Dempster buildings.
Quick Facts, Dimensions, & Amenities
- Location: Middle of Campus
- Hall Type: Community Style (floor residents share bath/shower rooms)
- Community style restrooms are cleaned professionally
- Residential Capacity: 97 beds; 4 floors
- Floor Capacity: 17 resident rooms, 1 RA single per floor
- Room Types: Double Occupancy;
- Approximate Room Measurements: 15’8” W x 15’7” L x 8’ H. Remember, one unique thing
about Cheney Hall is that no two rooms are the same.
- Window sizes vary depending on the room.
- Desktop Measurements: 36” L x 24” W.
- Dresser (3-drawer and movable): 30” W x 24” D x 30” H. Each drawer is approximately
5 ½” D. Each person in the room has their own dresser.
- Wardrobe Dimensions (All dimensions are from the base of the space in the wardrobe
which clothes are hung to the closet rod (i.e. where you hang your clothes): 34 ½”
W x 21 ¾” D x 54” H.
- Built-in Closets (All dimensions are from the floor to the height of the closet rod
(i.e. where you hang your clothes): 42” W x 31” D x 65” H. There is additional storage
above the closet rod for storage.
- Mattress size: 74” L (regular twin) Loft kit included.
- Approximate Measurement of bed (for storage underneath) 80” L x 39” D x 33” H. This
applies if you raise your bed on the highest rung without lofting. The bed can also
- Space under sink: 22 ½” H x 19 ½” D x 22 ½” W
- Cable Connection: 1 outlet per room
- Community Kitchen: Basement level
- Internet Connection: LAN (1 per student) and Wi-Fi
- Laundry: Basement level
- Telephone: 1 outlet per room (service not included)
- TV Lounge: On 1st floor
- Program Lounge: 1st Floor and basement level
- Vending Machines: Basement level, snacks and soda
Room and Board Rates