The University places a high priority on communicating emergency information to the
students, faculty and staff. Those avenues of communication include the following:
Allows the University to send messages to all University computers almost instantly,
informing constituents at the main and regional campuses of weather alerts or other
University’s Home Page
On the Web site at http://www.semo.edu/ – watch for a flashing “Urgent Alert” which will convey any emergency communication.
(https://portal.semo.edu/cp/home/displaylogin ) is the campus portal which can be accessed by all students, faculty and staff.
The Southeast Newswire is the faculty/staff e-mail news. Special editions of the Newswire will be distributed to all faculty and staff in case of an emergency.
Outdoor Warning/Siren System
Will sound a series of sirens in case of a weather alert and can be voice activated
with announcements in case of other emergency situations.
Is the campus telephone messaging system. Any student in the residence halls with
a land-line phone and telephones in faculty and staff offices can be sent a mass emergency
Indoor Emergency Announcement System
Is in the implementation process across the campus.This system will allow emergency communications to be made
inside all campus buildings. The implementation process has several phases for installation
over a period of several years.The first goal will be to implement the system in the
Emergency Text Message
Notifications are now available through an opt-in program. These messages will only
be sent during situations of urgent need and will provide another layer of communication
to supplement the measures listed above. New and current students, faculty and staff
of Southeast Missouri State University are eligible to receive these messages but
must opt-in to the program.
Emergency information also will be provided to regional media outlets including:
- KFVS (Cable Channel 7) CBS, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.kfvs12.com/
- WSIL (Cable Channel 3) ABC, Carterville, Ill., at http://www.wsiltv.com/
- WPSD (Cable Channel 6) NBC, Paducah, Ken., at http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/
- KAIT-TV 8 ABC, Jonesboro, Ark., at http://www.kait8.com/
- KMOV-TV 4 CBS, St. Louis, Mo., at http://www.kmov.com/
- KSDK-TV 5 NBC, St. Louis, Mo., at http://www.ksdk.com/
- WIBH 1440 AM, Anna, Ill., http://www.wibhradio.com/
- KZIM/KSIM 960 AM, Cape Girardeau & Sikeston, Mo., at http://www.960kzim.com/
- KGIR 1220 AM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.kgir.com/
- K103 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.k103fm.com/
- KCGQ 99.3 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.kcgq.com/
- KGMO 100.7 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.kgmo.com/
- KWKZ 106.1 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.kwkz.com/
- KRCU 90.9 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo. at http://www.semo.edu/sepr/
- KGKS 93.9 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.kgks.com/
- KAPE 1550 AM, Cape Girardau, Mo., at http://www.kaperadio1550.com/
- KYRX 96.5 FM, Cape Girardeau, Mo., at http://www.mix965.net/
- WKRO 1490 AM, Cairo, Ill.
- WCIL 101.5 FM, Cardonale, Ill., at http://www.cilfm.com/
- WSIU 91.9 FM, Carbondale, Ill., at http://www.wsiu.org/
- KDEX 102.3 FM, Dexter, Mo.
- KREI 800 AM, Farmington, Mo., at http://www.mymoinfo.com/
- KTJJ 97.9 FM, Farmington, Mo., at http://www.mymoinfo.com/
- WEBQ 1240 AM, Harrisburg, Ill.
- KBOA 1540 AM, Kennett, Mo.
- KTMO 106.5 FM, Kennett, Mo.
- KFMO 1240 AM, Park Hills, Mo., at http://www.kfmo.com/
- KDBB 104. FM, Park Hills, Mo., at http://www.b104fm.com/
- KWOC 930 AM, Poplar Bluff, Mo., at http://www.kwoc.com/
- KKLR 94.5 FM, Poplar Bluff, Mo., at http://www.clear94.com/
- KJEZ 95.5 FM, Poplar Bluff, Mo., at http://www.kjez.com/
- KBXB 97.9 FM, Sikeston, Mo., at http://www.b979.net/
- KLSC 92.9 FM the River, Sikeston, Mo., at http://www.kgir.com/
- KRHW 1520 AM, Sikeston, Mo.
- KMOX 1120 AM, St. Louis, Mo., at http://www.kmox.com/