Returning Student Contact Information
Phone: (573) 651-2957
Fax: (573) 651-5936
Returning Student Steps to Enrollment
Step 1: Apply for Admission
- If you have not been enrolled in Southeast classes for one or more semesters and wish
to return, submit the Application for Admission. If you have taken Southeast classes while in high school, you are not considered a
returning student and need to apply as a beginning freshman. If you are a returning degree-seeking international student, please submit the Application for Undergraduate Returning Student Admission.
- Request that official transcripts be sent from all colleges or universities attended
since your last semester of enrollment at Southeast.
Credit from other institutions is accepted providing it applies toward a transfer
degree in the institution where it was earned. Transfer of credit is at the discretion
of the Registrar at Southeast Missouri State University.
- If your name has changed since last enrollment at Southeast, please provide proof
of name change.
A copy of one of the following documents is acceptable: state driver's license, official
state identification card, U.S. passport, military identification, marriage certificate
or divorce documents.
Send document to:
Southeast Missouri State University
Office of Admissions
One University Plaza
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701-4799
Note: Please allow 7-10 days for application processing and transcript evaluation. Admission
to the University does not indicate admission to programs that have additional admission
criteria and/or specific prerequisites. For information on admission to programs,
refer to our Undergraduate Bulletin.
Step 2: Submit Housing Contract
- Upon admission to Southeast, you may complete the Contract for University Housing
online via the My Southeast admitted student portal. A $150 housing deposit is required
at the time of submission. Transfer students with fewer than 57 transferable hours
are required to live in University housing. If you have questions regarding the University’s
residency requirements, please contact a customer service representative in the Office
of Residence Life at (573) 651-2274 or your admission counselor.
- Complete your Housing Contract as soon as possible. December 1 is the Recommended
Housing Contract Completion Date.
- The University will use your preference information to make room and roommate assignments
- Information for students seeking off-campus housing.
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- You and a parent (if you are a dependent student) should create an FSA ID. The FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) information online and allows a parent of a dependent
student to sign a child's FAFSA electronically.
- Obtain a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web Worksheet then complete the FAFSA online.
- Fall 2016 - March 1 is Southeast’s Priority Financial Aid Deadline. Applying by March
1 will improve your chances of receiving federal and institutional grant funds, low-interest
loans, Federal Work Study, and financial aid from the state of Missouri. Submitting
the FAFSA by March 1 will allow you to be considered for need-based Endowed and Sponsored Scholarships. The deadline to apply for Endowed and Sponsored Scholarships is also March 1.
- Fall 2016 - Financial aid awards will be emailed to your Southeast email account in April.
- Visit our Veterans and Military Services site for information on using veterans benefits.
Step 4: Advising and Enrollment
- Your admission letter will contain advising contact information. Contact your advisor
to plan your semester and schedule courses.